Fighting For Your Employee Rights
Employees are naturally reluctant to file claims or assert their rights. You worry that rocking the boat could cost you your job or hurt your career. But employers do not hold all the cards. You have rights and remedies under the law, and your company faces risks by ignoring your claims or retaliating.
Cadogan Law provides clear guidance and strong representation to South Florida employees who have been mistreated or exploited in violation of state or federal protections. Gina Cadogan is an accomplished trial lawyer who can be your voice and empower you to stand up to your employer or former employer in pursuit of justice.
Employment Law For Employees: Righting The Wrongs
Cadogan Law will advocate for you in any scenario:
- Discrimination on the basis of your race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender or sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment (hostile work environment or quid pro quo demands)
- Retaliation for whistleblowing on illegal activity
- Reprisal for filing claims or asserting employment rights
- Wrongful termination or constructive discharge
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Disability discrimination, including failure to make reasonable accommodations
- Unpaid overtime and other wage and hour violations
- Misclassification to avoid paying overtime
- Disputes involving noncompete or confidentiality agreements
- Severance negotiations
We regularly represent executives, managers, sales agents, engineers and other high performers whose careers and professional reputations are at stake. Our guidance is always based on protecting your best interests. We will pursue your goals whether you are seeking monetary damages, reinstatement or another specific remedy.
Your Fearless And Highly Qualified Advocate
Gina Cadogan brings 20 years of experience in Florida and federal employment law, including litigation at major national and international law firms. As a multiracial woman in a male-dominated field, Gina can relate to what female employees and people of color often experience in the workplace. She gets it.
But most importantly, she is a formidable litigator and tough negotiator who is passionate about her job. Gina frequently finds herself squaring off in federal court against a whole team of corporate lawyers on the other side – and still prevails. She knows the law and how to position you for a favorable resolution of your dispute or lawsuit.
Clear And Honest Legal Counsel
You don’t need sugarcoating. This is your life and your livelihood, so you need to make an informed decision when bringing legal action against an employer. Gina will lay out the strengths and weaknesses of your case and where the defense is likely to go. She will give the best case and worst-case scenario. She will tailor the strategy to your unique situation and fight for you, in or out of court.
Tell Us Your Story
Let’s talk about what happened in a confidential consultation. Gina Cadogan will answer your questions, explore your legal options and give her honest recommendation.